Slow Cooker Balsamic Honey Pulled Pork
About This Project
- 12 Timani Gluten-Free Hamburger Buns
- 1 boneless pork shoulder (approx. 3-4 lbs)
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup berry jam (blackberry or raspberry preferred)
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 package prepared store-bought coleslaw
- Place pork shoulder in slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, balsamic vinegar, jam, hoisin, chicken broth, garlic and onion. Once well mixed, pour over pork shoulder. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low setting for 8-9 hours or high for 5-6 hours (until no longer pink and reaches internal temperature of at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Using large forks, shred the pork directly in the slow cooker and allow it to absorb remaining juices for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Divide pulled pork amongst separated buns and top with desired amount of coleslaw and enjoy!